World Library  

• Cover Image

The Wise Heart: Tales and Allegories of Three Contemporary Sages

By: Rav Michael Laitman

The Wise Heart introduces a lovingly crafted anthology of tales and allegories by Kabbalist Dr. Michael Laitman, his mentor, Rav Baruch Ashlag (Rabash), and Rabash’s father and mentor, Rav Yehuda Ashlag, author of the Sulam (Ladder) commentary on The Book of Zohar. The allegories herein provide a glimpse into the way Kabbalists experience the spiritual world, with surprising, and often amusing depictions of human nature, with a tender touch that is truly unique to Kabbalists.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Report of the Superintendent of Insurance of the Dominion of Canad...

By: Insurance Branch; Canada Insurance Branch, Canada
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Kaluza Concept

By: Keith Young

Blending a subtle cocktail of Physics and Metaphysics, and building on inspiration from cutting edge thinkers, this new age opus takes the reader beyond the edge of modern science and into a higher dimensional realm where consciousness dictates its own destiny through the creation of multiple realities and a process of self-refinement, eventually achieving supreme omniscience. This book proposes a meaning and purpose to all we experience as physical beings.

Read More
  • Cover Image

And Gulliver Returns Book I : Touchdown

By: Bob Oconnor

Overpopulation is responsible for many of our planet's problems--global warming, the lack of fresh water, poverty, high gasoline and food prices, air and water pollutions, the scarcity of natural resources, the excess of wastes and their proper disposal, and even some wars. In the year 2020 Commander Lemuel Gulliver XVI returns from a twenty year odyssey around the solar system, searching for sites where the world's excess people can be re-located. He found none. On his ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Ades Web Magazine: Cambodia

By: Manuel Balossi

You need two days to visit the entire complex thoroughly. So start with the Petit Circuit and then proceed to the Grand Circuit and you will admire, in no hurry, this incredible place. You can rent a car (with driver: never drive by yourself in South-eastern Asia), a small bike, a bicycle or a tuk-tuk: prices change every year so it’s useless to list them. In sunny days it’s very hot: street vendors are everywhere and finding a bottle of water is never a problem.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Watermelon Credo

By: Wally Amos

Due to the success of my Watermelon Credo Post, I created this book. Each letter in the word WATERMELON is a chapter. The W in Watermelon stands for: Whatever you believe creates your reality. And this book is a perfect example.What began as a wall poster is now a book. In his latest and happiest work yet, Wally Amos spells out in heart-warming, well-chosen words how to fill your life with inspiration and fun. Renowned as a cookie man and motivational speaker, Wally draw...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Execution by Hunger: The Hidden Holocaust

By: Miron Dolot

Execution by Hunger: The Hidden Holocaust, Seven million people in the "breadbasket of Europe" were deliberately starved to death at Stalin's command. This story has been suppressed for half a century. Now, a survivor speaks. In 1929, in an effort to destroy the well-to-do peasant farmers, Joseph Stalin ordered the collectivization of all Ukrainian farms. In the ensuing years, a brutal Soviet campaign of confiscations, terrorizing, and murder spread throughout Ukraini...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Program Manager Magazine : July-August 2003: July-August 2003

By: Collie Johnson

Description: This is a bi-monthly magazine which is produced by the Defense Acquisitions University.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Program Manager Magazine : January-February 2000: January-February...

By: Collie Johnson

Description: This is a bi-monthly magazine which is produced by the Defense Acquisitions University.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Nato Review; Issue 3; Autumn 1998: Issue 3 ; Autumn 1998

By: Christopher Bennett, Editor

Description: Quarterly magazine on Atlantic issues.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Agricultural Outlook : April 1983: April 1983

By: Usda

Description: This report contains articles covering commodity markets and trade, farm policy, and other food- and agriculture-related topics. Each issue includes data on individual commodities, farm income, the general economy, agricultural trade, and agricultue related issues.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Agricultural Outlook : April 1992: April 1992

By: Usda

Description: This report contains articles covering commodity markets and trade, farm policy, and other food- and agriculture-related topics. Each issue includes data on individual commodities, farm income, the general economy, agricultural trade, and agricultue related issues.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Honolulu Star Advertiser : Special Sunday Tabloid

By: Honolulu Star Advertiser

Appeared in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Sunday, 10/23/11

Read More
  • Cover Image

Annals, From the Death of the Divine Augustus

By: Cornelius Tacitus

The Annals was Tacitus's final work, covering the period from the death of Augustus Caesar in the year 14. He wrote at least 16 books, but books 7-10 and parts of books 5, 6, 11 and 16 are missing. Book 6 ends with the death of Tiberius and books 7-12 presumably covered the reigns of Caligula and Claudius. The remaining books cover the reign of Nero, perhaps until his death in June 68 or until the end of that year, to connect with the Histories. The second half of book 1...

Es ist gewiss ein wunderbares Ereigniss, dass am Ende des Zeitraums der romischen Litteratur, welcher zwar viel des Geistreichen und Vorzuglichen, aber noch mehr Verrungen hervorgebracht hat, in weichem sich neben der sittlichen Versukenbeit eine grosse Verweichlichung und Entkraflung auch in der Litteratur zeight und nach welchem der entschiedene Verfall der romischen Lutteratur beginnt, ein Schrifsteller auftritt, der zu den ausgezeichnetsten und grossartigsten Erschei...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Oiwi Vol. 1

By: Lokahi Antonio

We are living in exciting times: Hawaiian- language immersion schools from pre-school through high school have been established on all the main islands of Hawaii; more and more high schools—both public and private—are adding Hawaiian-language classes to their curriculum; enrollment is up in Hawaiian-language classes at the college and university level across the state. Despite the increased interest in and aware- ness of matter of mere whim, but are seriously considered ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

O Kaina Ke Kumu Koa

By: Eve Furchgott

i kekahi kakahiaka, ike ihola o ia he one ko lalo o kona mau aa, aole hoi o ka lepo paa o uka. Aia ka hoi o ia ma kahakai! O kona pioloke aela no ia me ka imi pu aku no i ka lepo e kupaa ai, aole nae i loaa. Aue! He ano e no keia wahi, he okoa ia, aole i like me na mea maamau o kona wahi noho i uka. Nune ihola o Kaina, “Pehea la au i hiki mai ai ma anei” Komo aela ka hopohopo i loko ona. “ Ma hea la hoi kuu ohana a me na hoaaloha” i ninau ai o ia. Huli akula o ia...

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Dictionary of the Hawaiian Language

By: Lorrin Andrews

It was the intention of the author of this volume to make some extended remarks concerning the character, peculiarities and extent of the hawaiian language, by way of preface or introduction; but the want of physical strength, and especially of mental energy, has induced him to forego such an attempt and be contented with a mere history of the manner in which this dictionary has come into existence. The history of hawaiian lexicography is short.

Hawaiian is but a dialect of the great Polynesian language, which is spoken with extraordinary uniformity over all the numerous islands of the Pacific Ocean between New Zealand and Hawaii. Again, the Polynesian language is but one member of that wide-spread family of languages, known as the Malayo-Polynesian or Oceanic family, which extends from Madagascar to the Hawaiian Islands, and from New Zealand to Formosa. The Hawaiian dialect is peculiarly interesting to the...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Anatomia

By: Lahainaluna

Anatomia- He palapala a ia e hoike ai I ke ano o ko ke kanaka kino. Ua kakauia ma ka olelo Hawaii, i mea e ao ai na haumana o ke Kula Nui, ma Lahainaluna.

O ke ano o keia olelo, Anatomia, oia ka olelo hoakaka i ke kino, i kona ano, a me na mea a pau i hoonohoia maloko; o na iwi, o na io, o na olona, o na ami, o na aa, o na puupuu, o na naau, a me na wai. O ia mau mea a pau, a me ka lakou hana maloko o ke kino e pono ai ke kanaka, oia ka keia palapala e hoakaka aku ai. Aia ma na aina naauao, ua nui ka poe i ao ikaika ma ka Anatomia, mai ka wa kahiko mai. Ua nana pono lakou i na iwi, ua kaha i na kupapau he nui wale, a noon...

Read More
  • Cover Image

La Mirinda Sorcisto de Oz

By: L. Frank Baum

Folkloro, legendoj, mitoj kaj fe-rakontoj estis parto de la infaneco dum la tuta historio, car ciu sana infano havas bonkarakteran kaj instinktan amon al rakontoj fantaziaj, mirindaj kaj evidente malrealaj. La flugilhavaj feoj de Grimm kaj Andersen alportis pli da feliceco al la koroj de infanoj ol ciuj aliaj homkreajoj.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Teaching Atlas of Nuclear Medicine

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.