World Library  

• Cover Image

The Beat Within 9.24 : Volume 9 ; Article 24 ; 2004: Volume 9, Art...

By: S. F. Youth Guidance Center

Description: The Beat Within’s mission is to provide incarcerated youth with consistent opportunity to share Description: Their ideas and life experiences in a safe space that encourages literacy, self-expression, some critical thinking skills, and healthy, supportive relationships with adults and Description: Their community.

Excerpt: Outside of the juvenile justice system, The Beat Within partners with community organizations and individuals to bring resources to youth both inside and Excerpt: Outside of detention. We are committed to being an effective bridge between youth who are locked up and the community that aims to support their progress towards a healthy, non-violent, and productive life.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Air and Space Power Journal : Winter 2003: Volume 17, Issue 4

By: Lieutenant Colonel Anthony C. Cain

Description: The Aerospace Power Journal, published quarterly, is the professional flagship publication of the United States Air Force. It is designed to serve as an open forum for the presentation and stimulation of innovative thinking on military doctrine, strategy, tactics, force structure, readiness, and other matters of national defense.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Air and Space Power Journal : Fall 2003: Volume 17, Issue 3

By: Lieutenant Colonel Anthony C. Cain

Description: The Aerospace Power Journal, published quarterly, is the professional flagship publication of the United States Air Force. It is designed to serve as an open forum for the presentation and stimulation of innovative thinking on military doctrine, strategy, tactics, force structure, readiness, and other matters of national defense.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Emigrant la Infinit

By: Florentin Smarandache

fI cunosc de mai bine de un deceniu $i Ii cunosc $i carJile sale, fn manuscris, sau publicate $i cred ca aceasta noua carte, "Emigrant la infinit", versuri americane, consolideaza 0 opera Iiterara $i un destin, Evoluand Intr-o literatura care, pe langa Eminescu $i 8laga, a dat lumii $i pe Urmuz, Tristan Tzara, Isidore fsou sau Eugen lonescu, Florentin Smarandache I$i revendica 0 tradijie moderna pe care 0 continua $i 0 Itnbogaje$te pe masura talentului sau.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Hawaiian Mythology

By: Martha Beckwith

Why after thirty years, should Beckwith’s Hawaiian Mythology be reprinted? Why, for the last twenty-five years, have scholars and amateurs alike sought for either new or used copies of this book which has become a rarity? To begin with, it was the first, and is still the only, scholarly work which charts a pathway through the hundreds of books and articles, many of them obscure and scarce, and through the little-known manuscripts that record the orally transmitted myths,...

This guide to the native mythology of Hawaii has grown out of a childhood and youth spent within sound of the hula drum at the foot of the domelike House of the Sun on the windy island of Maui. There, wandering along its rocky coast and sandy beaches, exploring its windward gorges, riding above the cliffs by moonlight when the surf was high or into the deep forests at midday, we were aware always of a life just out of reach of us latecomers but lived intensely by the kin...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Some Interpersonal Conditions of Effective Psychotherapy

By: Farbman, Irwin, 1936-

Manuscript copy; Thesis - University of Florida; Vita; Bibliography: leaves 43-46

Read More
  • Cover Image

German-English Dictionary for Electronics Engineers and Physicists...

By: Regen, Bernard R; Regen, Richard R

Film/Fiche is presented as orginally captured.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Local Government Review Bulletin : Vol. 2 No 3

By: Montana. Commission on Local Government

22d report, 1883, has Zugleich festschrift zur feier des fünfzigjährigen bestehens der gesellschaft ; List of members in 3d, 6th, 7th, 11th-12th, 15th, 22d, 30th-33d reports ; Issued with 34th report: Bericht der Oberhessischen Gesellschaft für Natur- und Heilkunde zu Giessen. Medizinische Abteilung. jahrg. 1901-02-1903/04 ; 1-34, 1847-1905 1 v. 1910 ; Continued in 2 sections: Bericht ... neue Folge. Medizinische Abteilung, and Bericht ... neue Folge. Naturwissenschaftliche Abteilung

Medicine ; Science

Read More
  • Cover Image

Gehl Fb1540/1580 Forage Blowers

By: Gehl Company

Hepburn, J. C. (James Curtis), 1815-1911

Read More
  • Cover Image

Thermodynamics of Technical Gas-Reactions : Seven Lectures

By: Haber, Fritz, 1868-1934; Lamb, Arthur Becket, 1880-1952; Jolly, William L
Read More
  • Cover Image

Sprinter: A Tool for New Product Decision Making

By: Urban, Glen L

MIT Libraries

Read More
  • Cover Image

Dancing with Fate : Song of the Muses

By: Hywela Lyn

I love writing romantic tales of heroism and adventure in other worlds. My novel 'STARQUEST is published by The Wild Rose Press as an Ebook and will be available in paperback on December 5th 2008. I am working on edits for the sequel 'Children Of The Mist''. Watch this space for further details... I am thrilled to have been part of an exciting venture from The Wild Rose Press and to be included with eight wonderful and talented authors in the anthology 'Song Of The Muses...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Probability and Theory of Errors

By: Woodward, Robert Simpson, 1849-1924

Errors, Theory of ; Probabilities

Read More
  • Cover Image

On the Antiquity of Intellectual Man, From a Practical and Astrono...

By: Smyth, C. Piazzi (Charles Piazzi), 1819-1900

The present little work may be regarded as a sequel to the author's recent volumes on the Great Pyramid of Egypt.--Pref

Read More
  • Cover Image

An Introduction to Child Psychology

By: Waddle, Charles Wilkin, 1875
Read More
  • Cover Image

International Trade Finance Report

By: Dan Bloom

Export and Trade Government Reference Document:

Excerpt: Now Partnership Between Commerce & Ex-Im Bank The MOU has already been of benefit to Cincinatti based architectural firm Landrum and Brown. The company sought our assistance in competing for a contract for the Building Design Scheme for the new passenger terminal area of the Beijing Capital International Airport.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Introduction to Methods of Applied Mathematics or Advanced Mathema...

By: Sean Mauch

Mathematics document containing theorems and formulas.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Iliad of Homer Done into English Prose

By: Andrew Lang

Excerpt: Prefatory Note: The execution of this version of the Iliad has been entrusted to the three Translators in the following three parts: Each Translator is therefore responsible for his own portion; but the whole has been revised by all three Translators, and the rendering of passages or phrases recurring in more than one portion has been determined after deliberation in common. Even in these, however, a certain elasticity has been deemed desirable.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Time Series Methods for Survey Estimation

By: William Bell

Statistical Reference Document

Excerpt: Papers by Scott and Smith (1974) and Scott, Smith, and Jones (1977), hereafter SSJ, suggested the use of signal extraction results from time series analysis to improve estimates in periodic surveys. If the covariance structure of the usual survey estimators (Y,) and their sampling errors (et> for a set of time points is known, these results produce the linear functions of the available Yt?s that have minimum mean squared error as estimators of the population val...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Annual Report-Department of Civil Service and Civil Service Commission

By: New York (State). Department of Civil Service, New York (State). Civil Service Commission
Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.