World Library  

• Cover Image

All-Negro Comics : Issue 1

By: All-Negro
Read More
  • Cover Image

Bardic Voices : Book I the Lark and the Wren

By: Mercedes Lackey

Excerpt: Chapter one the attic cubicle was dark and stuffy, two conditions the tiny window under the eaves did little to alleviate. Rune reached up to the shelf over her pallet for her fiddle case, and froze with her hand less than an inch away. Her mother's nasal whine echoed up the stairs from the tavern sleeping rooms below. rune? Rune!

Read More
  • Cover Image

Glaucoma; A Handbook for the General Practitioner

By: Elliot, Robert Henry, 1864-1936
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Battle of Bull Run

By: Stedman, Edmund Clarence, 1833-1908

Color photography

Read More
  • Cover Image

Recommendations on the Immediate Use of Nuclear Weapons

By: J.R. Oppenheimer

You haveasked us to comment on the initial use of the new weapon. This use, in our opinion, should be such as to promote a satisfactory adjustment of our in- ternational relations.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Gulliver's Travels

By: Jonathan Swift

Excerpt: My knowledge of this book foreran the sort of personal acquaintance which I made with it when I came to read it for it was one of the great books in different literatures which my father told me of and taught me to love from his own love of them.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Alice in Wonderland

By: Lewis Carroll

Alice is about to pick daisies when a white rabbit approaches her, but this rabbit is not like any other rabbit she has seen. Her curious nature forces her to follow the rabbit for a wonderful adventure.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Aditya : The Inner Curse : Vol. 24, Issue 28

By: Indrajal Comics
Read More
  • Cover Image

True-To-Life Romances: Issue 10

By: Star Publications
Read More
  • Cover Image

Today's Take on Einstein's Relativity

By: Homer B. Titon and Florentin Smarandache

In a lecture that Einstein gave to the Prussian Academy of Sciences in 1921, he said the following: "Geometry predicates nothing about relations of real things, but only geometry together with the purport of physical laws can do so... The idea of the measuring rod and the idea of the clock contained with it in the theory of relativity do not find their exact correspondence in the real world. It is also clear that the solid body and the clock do not in the conceptual edif...

Read More
  • Cover Image

La Mirinda Sorcisto de Oz

By: L. Frank Baum

Folkloro, legendoj, mitoj kaj fe-rakontoj estis parto de la infaneco dum la tuta historio, car ciu sana infano havas bonkarakteran kaj instinktan amon al rakontoj fantaziaj, mirindaj kaj evidente malrealaj. La flugilhavaj feoj de Grimm kaj Andersen alportis pli da feliceco al la koroj de infanoj ol ciuj aliaj homkreajoj.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Observations at the Magnetic and Meteorological Observatory, At th...

By: Girard College. Magnetic and Meteorological Observatory
Read More
  • Cover Image

Dictionnaire des Metaphores Françaises : Extraites des Meilleurs A...

By: A. Varinot
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Cosmo-Art Theorems and Axioms

By: Antonio Mercurio

Cosmo-Art is an artistic movement that is accessible to anyone who has the strength and courage necessary to detach from their Fetal I that they still carry within, and elevate themselves to the cosmic artistic dimension of the Adult I, which embraces the whole life of a human being […] A. Mercurio This book represents the culmination of the Author’s anthropological and cosmological thought. It is a synthesis expressed through poetic language, but it also offers guide...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Reprint of Papers on Electrostatics and Magnetism

By: Kelvin, William Thomson, Baron, 1824-1907

Subject: Electrostatics; Magnetism

Includes bibliographical references

Read More
  • Cover Image

Health Statistics Series B No 21

By: Forrest E. Linder, Ph. D.
Read More
  • Cover Image

O Zakladnich Principech Jogy

By: Vladimir Antonov, Ph.D.

Religious Literature - Methodology of Spiritual Development

Excerpt: Joga je nazev pro uceni o zpusobech, jimiz clovek dosahuje duchovni Dokonalosto. V prekladu ze sanskrtu toto slovo znamena sjednoceni, splynuti, v jeden celek.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Quality-Of-Life Policing, Net Widening, And Crime Specialization

By: Andrew Golub

Legal Reference Publication

Excerpt: This research was supported by grants from the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) and administered by the National Institutes of Justice National Institute of Justice (98-U-CX-KO12 and 2000-7353-NY-IJ), by a grant h m the National Institute on Drug Abuse (5 T32 DA07233-13), by the Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring Program in New York City, and by National Development and Research Institutes, lac. (NDRI). Important contributions to this research w...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Actuarial Valuation, State Law Enforcement Retirement Programs : A...

By: Hendrickson, Bird & Mckoskey; Montana. Legislature. Legislative Council

Pt. 1. Actuarial analysis of the retirement systems for public employees in the hazardous occupations of fire protection and law enforcement, October 3, 1974.--pt. 2. Valuation and recommendations on consolidation, November 15, 1974.--p. 3. Proposed legislation; 14 19 35; NB-MSLALL, NB-MSLLEG

Read More
  • Cover Image

Ades Web Magazine: Venice

By: Manuel Balossi

There’s no place like Venice in the world: you’ll fall in love with its canals and bridges and spectacular views. Rich in museums and historical buildings, you’ll soon find that its fame is really deserved

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.