World Library  

• Cover Image

Residential Homesite Lease This Residential Homesite Lease

Government Reference and International Publications of the Center For World Indigenous Studies :

Excerpt: In consideration of the mutual covenants, promises, and agreements herein contained, the landlord hereby rents to the Tenant and the Tenant hereby leases from the landlord certain lands lying within the Hopi Reservation consisting of not more than three acres for a homesite and not more than ten acres for farming purposes, more fully described in Exhibit A, attached hereto and made a part thereof, together with all improvements and fixtures thereon (the Premises...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Requesting That the Department of the Navy and Rimpac Terminate th...

Government Reference and International Publications of the Center For World Indigenous Studies :

Excerpt: Whereas, the island of Kaho'olawe has approximately 544 archaeological sites, including adze quarries, petroglyph clusters, fishing shrines, temples, dwelling and camp sites, and burial sites which illustrate the detailed and complex record of nearly 1,000 years of habitation by the Hawaiian people; and whereas, as a result of the historical and archaeological significance of the island of Kaho'olawe, the entire island of Kaho'olawe was placed on the National Re...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Report of the Secretary-General on the Situation Concerning Wester...

Excerpt: In its resolution 809 (1993) the Security Council asked me to report before the end of May 1993 on the results of specific steps which it invited me to take with a view to expediting the implementation of the Settlement Plan. For reasons explained below, I believe it might be better to present such a report in July 1993. In the interim, the present status report summarizes the progress of my efforts to date.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Report by a Member of the Ibaloi People of the Philippines to the ...

Excerpt: The Ibaloi people, together with other indigenous people inhabiting the Grand Cordillera mountain range in northern Luzon are known as the Igorot people. The Igorot number around 600,000 people and we are among the 6 1/2 million indigenous or tribal peoples living in the Philippines. This is the first time that a member of an indigenous people from the Philippines will speak at a session of the U.N. Working Group on indigenous populations, and I wish to inform t...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Report of the Working Group on Indigenous Populations on Its Twelf...

By: United Nations

Excerpt: The creation of the Working Group on Indigenous Populations was proposed by the Sub-Commission on Prevention of Discrimination and Protection of Minorities in its resolution 2 (XXXIV) of 8 September 1981, endorsed by the Commission on Human Rights in its resolution 1982/19 of 10 March 1982, and authorized by the Economic and Social Council in its resolution 1982/34 of 7 May 1982. In that resolution the Council authorized the Sub-Commission to establish annually ...

Read More

|
|
Records: 41 - 45 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.