World Library  

Sociobiology

Sociobiology is a synthesis of scientific disciplines which attempts to explain social behavior in animal species by considering the Darwinian advantages specific behaviors may have. It is often considered a branch of biology and sociology, but also draws from ethology, anthropology, evolution, zoology, archaeology, population genetics and other disciplines. Within the study of human societies, sociobiology is closely related to the fields of human behavioral ecology and evolutionary psychology.

• Cover Image

Health Organisation, Malaria Comission; World Health Organization ...

By: Tsun Hsing Yang

Medical Reference Publication

1. INTRODUCTION Continued transmission of malaria by Anopheles balabacensis balabacensis i n f o r e s t fringes and f o r e s t e d h i l l y or mountainous areas i n s p i t e of long-term ap l i c a t i o n of conventional anti. malaria measures poses a serious problem to malaria e r a d i c a t i o n P control programmes i n many c o u n t r i e s of the South-East Asia and Western P a c i f i c Regions. In Thailand, f o r example, malaria continues t o be a serious ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

New Englander and Yale Review : Volume 0035, Issue 134 January 187...

By: W. L. Kingsley

Description:The Yale Review is the self-proclaimed oldest literary quarterly in the United States. It is published by Yale University.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Manufacturer and Builder : Volume 0007, Issue 1 January 1875: ...

By: Western and Company

Description: The Manufacturer and Builder was a practical journal of industrial progress published monthly in the 19th century by Western and Company.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The United States Democratic Review : Volume 0022, Issue 115 Jan 1...

By: J. and H. G. Langley

Description:The United States Magazine and Democratic Review was also (perhaps even primarily) a literary magazine, promoting the development of American literature

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization Drug Information : Volume 14, No. 2, Yea...

By: Jean Yves Videau

Authors alone are responsible for views expressed in signed articles. The mention of specific companies or of certain manufacturers' products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by the World Health Organization in preference to others of a similar nature which are not mentioned. Errors and omissions excepted, the names of proprietary products are distinguished by initial capital letters.

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Technical Report Series, No. 464: Join...

By: A. A. Ardalan

INTRODUCTION The Joint FAOIWHO Expert Committee on Brucellosis met in Geneva from 29 June to 6 July 1970. The meeting was opened on behalf of the Directors-General of the two Organizations by Dr P. Dorolle, Deputy Director-General, WHO. The last Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Brucellosis met in Geneva in December 1963. That Committee reviewed, among other things, the results of research on taxonomy, serodiagnosis, immunization of man and animals, and phages.l

Read More
  • Cover Image

New Englander and Yale Review : Volume 0018, Issue 70 May 1860: Ya...

By: W. L. Kingsley

Description:The Yale Review is the self-proclaimed oldest literary quarterly in the United States. It is published by Yale University.

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization Drug Information : Volume 6, No. 3, Year...

By: World Health Organization

Les publications de l'organisation mondiale de la Sante benbficient de la protection prevue par les dispositions du Protocole no 2 de la Convention universelle pour la Protection du Droit dYAuteur. Les institutions gouvernementales et les societes savantes ou professionnelles peuvent, toutefois, reproduire des donnees, des extraits ou des illustrations probenant de ces publications, sans en demander I'autorisation I I'Organisation mondiale de la Santb. De m@me, les revue...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization Drug Information : Volume 6, No. 4, Year...

CORRIGENDA Vol. 22, No. 5 Insecticide-Resistance : A Review of Developments in 1958 and 1959 Page 521, right-hand cclumn, under the heading: Anopheles pse!rdopri~~ctipe~~nis delete Following control failures, dieldrin-resistance was insert Dieldrin-resistance was

Read More
  • Cover Image

European Occupational Health Series : Year 1993; Prevention in Pri...

By: Kastriot Shehu

TRACE ELEMENTS AN7 CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE LIMITS FOR HAZARDOUS AIRBORNE SUBSTANCES PUBLIC HEALTH IMPORTANCE OF RODENTS ESTLMATION OF POLIOVIRUS NEUTRALIZING ANTZBODlES SEVERITY OF SIGNS IN THE EYES OF PATIENTS WITH TRACHOMA RESPONSE TO SMALLPOX VACCINA4TION CULTURE OF M. LEPRAE IN SEMISYNTHETIC MEDIA THIOACETAZONE SIDE EFFECTS CHOLERA VACCINE TRIAL DISSECTION OF DRY AND PRESERVED LWSECTS SEASONAL CHANGES IN POPULATIONS OF A. AEGYPTI hlEMORANDA: VIRUS-ASSOCIATED IMMUNOPATHOLOGY

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1992 ; World Health Organization,...

In 1988 WHO launched its Initiative of Support to People Disabled by Mental Illness. One of its major components deals with consumer involvement in planning, delivering and evaluating mental health services. We are now proud to present Schizophrenia: information for families.

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1993 : Communicable Diseases and ...

By: Marie France Cesbron

INTRODUCTION Dr T. Fujikura, Veterinary Public Health, bivision of Communicable Diseases, welcomed the participants (Annex I), and opened the meeting on behalf of the Director-General of WHO. He explained the purpose and scope of the meeting 8s follows: to review the public health significance of toxoplasmosis; to discuss the results of research on toxoplasmosis vaccine development, with particular reference to immunology, antigenic components for vaccine development, an...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Report on a European Syposium Convened...

Whooping cough i c a d i s e a s e of world-wide d i s t r i b u t i o n . It causes s e r i o u s problems i n both the developed and developing c o u n t r i e s . Despite ample l i t e r a t u r e on p e r t u s s i s , l i t t l e i s r e a l l y know about the inicrobiology, epidemiology, prevention and treatment o f t h e d i s e a s e . Kecent research has r e s u l t e d in the i s o l a t i o n and c h a r a c t e r i z a t i o n of c e l l u l a r components fr...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Technical Report Series, No. 310: Diab...

By: H. Mehnert

1. INTRODUCTION In an initial exchange of views between the various members of the Expert Committee, it was immediately apparent that there mas general agreement about the signs of increasing prevalence of diabetes mellitus in most parts of the world. Thus, in contrast to the well-documented evidence of reduced incidence of diabetes mellitus in the adult when the food intake was restricted in many countries during the Second World War - a repetition of the phenomenon obs...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1985-86 ; (Tdr) the Special Progr...

By: M. Aikawa, Prof., N. Anand, Prof., and A. Brossi, Dr.

INTRODUCTION The S c i e n t i f i c Working Group (SWG) on the Chemotherapy of Malaria C l l M of the UNDP/WORLD BANK/WHO Special Programme f o r Research and Tralning in Tropical Diseases (TDR) met i n Geneva, Switzerland, on 3-5 June 1985 to review the CHEMAL programme and make recommendations on future d i r e c t i o n s f o r research. CHEMAL's research programme was established in 1975. The following brief review of t h e t o p i c s of its SWG meetings r e f l e ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1991, World Health Organization, ...

Neurofibromatosis (NF) is a serious common genetically determined neurological disorder, with a prevalence of about 1:4000 births and affects both sexes, all races and ethnic groups. The term neurofibromatosis encompasses at least two distincc disorders which have in common a predisposition to the development of tumors of the nerve sheath. Both forms are genetically transmitted as autosomal dominant traits and are distributed throughout the world with no apparent racial ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

By: W. Kretschmar

The issue of this document does not constitute formal publication. It should not be reviewed, abstracted or quoted without the agreement of the World Health Organization. Authors alone are responsible for views expressed in signed articles. Ce document ne constitue pas une publication. I I ne doit faire I'objet d'aucun compte rendu ou resume ni d'aucune citation sans I'autorisation de 190rganisation Mondiale de la Sante. Les opinions exprimkes dans les articles sign& n'e...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization Publication : Year 1948-60 ; Medical Edu...

INTRODUCTION In this volume, the World Health Organization presents a bibliography on medical education covering material published between 1946 and 1955, inclusive. In preparing the bibliography an exhaustive search of literature was undertaken by scanning such sources as the Quarterly Cumulative Index Medicus, the Current List of Medical Literature, the Armed Forces Medical Library Catalog, the indexes and catalogues of the WHO Library and, where necessary, the special...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Regional Office for Africa : 1994-99 ; World Health Organization, ...

By: Moses Chisale

Environmental Health Criteria P R E A M B L E Objectives In 1973 the WHO Environmental Health Criteria Programme was initiated with the following objectives: (i) to assess information on the relationship between exposure to environmental pollutants and human health, and to provide guidelines for setting exposure limits; (ii) to identify new or potential pollutants; (iii) to identify gaps in knowledge concerning the health effects of pollutants; (iv) to promote the harmon...

Read More
  • Cover Image

By: W. H. Wernsdorf

Ce document ne constitue pas une publication . formal publication . It should not be reviewed. I1 ne doit faire I'objet d'aucun compte rendu ou abstracted or quoted without the agreement of resume ni d'aucune citation sans l'autorisation de the World Health Organization . Authors alone I'Organisation Mondiale de la Sante . Les opinions are responsible for views expressed in signed exprimees dans les articles sign& n'engagent articles . que leurs auteurs .

Read More

Records: 33741 - 33760 of 33,766 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.